Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)
To Cadence, Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) means utilizing an Integrated Partnership for Lean Project Delivery that has been successfully used on numerous projects.
Utilizing Lean Initiatives, the IPD approach strives to coherently address each level of the project delivery system. This approach is based on five specific principles. These principles are as follows:
- Collaborate; really collaborate, throughout the entire project lifecycle (proposal strategy, risk mitigation and opportunity exploration from design, coordination, planning and execution).
- Increase relatedness among all project participants (leave your bias at the door, we are one project team).
- Projects are networks of commitments (Do what we say will do, when we say we will do it).
- Optimize the project not the pieces (complete tasks with the best resource and not just the most available resource).
- Tightly couple action with learning.